Sunday, July 28, 2013

24th of July

We had a really nice 24th of July. Kip had to work and we missed him dearly. We attended the Ogden Pioneer day parade. I was able to park really close to our spots and met my mom at our spot. Angie and Dave saved us spots. They were right across the street from the Ogden temple. I just kept thinking about how nice it will be to have the temple completed. The parade was fun and I was glad my mom was there to help.

After the parade we went to visit Grandpa and Grandma Barker. They were so happy to see them and I was glad to be there. We hadn't seen them since the 4th. It was fun to visit. I feel so lucky to have both sets of my grandparents still. They are awesome and I can't imagine my life without them.

We met Kip at home in the afternoon and we all went out to Grandma Beus'. We spent the evening with Kip's parents eating dinner, having a water fight and visiting. It was a beautiful night! I am very lucky to have in laws like them.

Some things to remember from that day.

The boys were so excited to go to the parade and Grandma Nette's.
Ashlan screamed every time Grandma Barker tried to hold her.
Having a water fight with Grandma and Grandpa Nette. Daddy even joined in.
Showing McKay a tiny green grasshopper outside Grandma Beus' house.
My mom and Annette's help that day.

If there is one thing I have learned since Ashlan has come it's that I can't do it very easily alone. Kip's parents, my parents, our brothers and sisters and their kids, our grandparents and Kip are all so helpful. We are lucky to have them all. Any where we go with family they are all so quick to jump and help us. For that I am grateful!
Photobucket

No comments: