Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Baby shower #2 and baby updates

Last Saturday I had baby shower number 2 and it was so much fun! This one was given by my sister in law, Michele and included Kip's side of the family and the ward. There were so many people there and I felt like we got really spoiled with stuff. I am so thankful for the support and love from people in our life! Michele had chocolate fondue with so many yummy things to dip into it along with veggies and dip.

That evening we were able to go to the temple one more time before the baby came and it was so nice to get to be in such a peaceful place. I will really miss going for awhile once the baby comes but we will see how soon we can go back once it comes.

Sunday I asked Kip to give me a blessing so that I was prepared for the baby when it came. He gave me a beautiful blessing that really made me cry and feel the spirit. I am so thankful for Kip and him being worthy enough to give me a blessing. I feel so much more prepared now!

Baby news...I went to the doctor on Tuesday and I am almost a 2 and 60% thinned. The baby is so healthy and growing so big! It weighs in at 8 lbs. 3 oz. and has been gaining weight every week. The week before the baby gained 1 lb 3 oz. The doctor says we will have at least an 8 lb baby if not bigger. I can't wait for it to come into our family because I feel like we have waited so long for it! I have my last day of work on Friday and although I am going to miss it, I am ready to be done for a minute. I go to the doctor next Tuesday and I will know for sure when this baby will be coming.

4 comments:

Steph and Brady said...

Blessings really are the best, aren't they? I know that Brady gave me several blessings while I was pregnant and it always made me feel better. I can't wait for you to have your baby, it is going to be so awesome for you! You are going to be such a wonderful mom. Good luck with everything and I can't wait for pictures!

Marriott Family said...

Yay! Jess, I am getting so excited for you to have your baby!! I can't wait so see it! Let me know if you need anything! Our baby's are going to be born pretty close! That is going to be so fun. Good Luck with everything, I am glad that Kip was able to give you a blessing. They make you feel so much better! I need to have Matt give me one. I think it might calm me down too! Let us know when the big day comes!

kcooke said...

I am glad things are going so well! Let us know if we can help out with anything at all!

Melissa said...

Oh congrats! It is so much fun to have a baby! So much that I want another one! Not just yet, but hopefully this summer! Keep us updated and I am super excited for you!