Wednesday, December 17, 2008

7 days until Christmas

Only 7 days until Christmas and I am so excited! I heard a really neat thing today at work that I wanted to share, it's about Christmas. A friend says that she does it every year for her neighbors and it helps them(herself included) remember the true meaning of Christmas. She buys a nativity set and delivers one peice a day leaving the baby Jesus until the day after Christmas, on the baby Jesus gift she leaves she asks the question, "Did you remember the true meaning of Christmas this year?". This helps her family and the families she is delivering it to remember the true meaning of Christmas. It's neat!

Christmas time is so fun and I love the feeling of it! It's neat to have so much time with your family, give things to people you love and even people you don't know, bake yummy things, smell the smells of Christmas time, enjoy laughter and remember our savior. This year I am definately able to remember our savior more because I am teaching it to the little ones in my primary class. It is an awesome reminder of why we even have Christmas!

We are leaving to California in 5 short days and I can't wait! It will be fun to see the California family and get to know them a little more. This is a special year as well because Kip's mom and dad are leaving for the mission. I am excited to be able to go and see them give there farewell talk and spend some time with them since they will be gone for a while.

1 comment:

brittyd said...

Hey Jess! I love your blog :) That nativity neighbor gift is an awesome idea. Thanks for always bein so nice and such a good example to me! The Jones Christmas party was fun on Saturday. I hope you have fun in California! Love ya and Merry Christmas! :)